Our continued plan to be the most trusted partner in fire safety and security drives our commitment to Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) standards, and how our business impacts on the general public, the environment and corporate governance issues.
We have shared the environmental measures that our business has taken to reduce our carbon footprint over the years. These include:
- Ensuring fuel efficiency through vehicle replacement
- Introducing extra lightweight racking in company vehicles
- Holding more standard stock parts on-board vehicles to reduce return site visits
- Improving work schedules to efficiently map driver routes, reducing mileage and fuel
Here we will outline the social and corporate governance actions that encompass the ESG standards.
As a national business, it is important that we remain active and present in our local communities. Our employees operate out of regional offices around the UK, with technicians working locally to where they live, ensuring that travel is reduced and we remain connected to these communities.
To help support the communities we operate in, we regularly contribute to local charities that are championed by our customers and colleagues. This includes team sponsorship, charity sport days and events, and time spent clearing woodland area. In our 30th anniversary year, we donated £20,000 to 10 employee-nominated charities to thank worthy causes for their work.
At Churches Fire & Security, we have a very strong leadership team with a wealth of corporate and industry specific knowledge with a focus on accountability, transparency, fairness and responsibility. Our Board of Directors are committed to ensuring a high-level of corporate governance throughout our business, supported by a leadership team with in-depth specialisms.
Quality and risk, training and audit specialists make up our compliance division, who work with independent accrediting bodies across all our service offerings. These close relationships ensure that our accreditations are the best we can attain, and that our policies and procedures coordinate with these practices. They also help us to produce the highest levels of compliance across the business and cements us fully with the British Standards we are employed to uphold.
COMMITMENT TO ESG STANDARDS
In raising our own environmental, social and governance standards, we aim to hold ourselves accountable, build corporate resilience, improve customer experience and deliver favourable outcomes to all stakeholders and society.
Our 2024 ESG verifiable goals include:
- Tracking and monitoring waste consumption by waste stream
- Develop a comprehensive climate strategy and Net Zero roadmap
- Commissioning solar surveys to identify on-site renewable electricity generation opportunities
- Procurement of 100% renewable electricity
- Reducing Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions year on year
- Achieving Cyber Essentials Plus certification