The vision of Churches Fire & Security is to be the best and most trusted partner in fire safety and security, giving an unsurpassed customer experience at all touchpoints. Since our inception, we have worked hard to reduce our carbon footprint, paying particular attention to our Environmental, Social and Governance impact on our customers, suppliers and employees.
An integral part of our business is providing support to our customers across the country through field technicians driving company vehicles. These vehicles emit the bulk of our carbon emissions, and underpins our ambition to operate a more environmentally focused fleet.
Measures implemented so far towards this goal include:
- Regularly replacing vehicles to ensure fuel efficiency
- Introducing extra lightweight racking in company vehicles
- Holding more standard stock parts on-board vehicles to reduce return site visits
- Effectively organising vehicles so no irrelevant stock is held and transported around unnecessarily
- Improving work schedules to efficiently map driver routes, reducing mileage and fuel
- Using a network of secure lockers across the UK, our suppliers deliver parts directly to the technician’s location, rather than to our warehouse, meaning we do not ‘double handle’ stock.
We are working diligently to reduce our environmental impact, with long and short term goals to achieve this.
Charlie Haynes, CEO
Over the past 30 years we have developed key initiatives and processes to reduce waste, develop our employees and help the communities around us.
Additional measures to reinforce our drive to be more environmentally conscious include:
- Encouraging car sharing and introducing a cycle-to-work scheme for our office-based employees
- Reducing waste by reusing old laptops to service panels that are unable to connect to modern machines
- Installing LED automated lighting in all office spaces
- Locking and programming air conditioning units
- Enabling all employees to meet virtually with fully integrated IT solutions, reducing the need for extensive travel
Furthermore, our offices have been paperless for over 10 years, reducing paper wastage.