Across the UK, for thousands of businesses, Churches Fire technicians are maintaining fire extinguishers, ensuring that they will operate efficiently if required in an emergency fire situation.
Under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, every business must have fire extinguisher clearly accessible and visible at all times. To remain compliant with the current British Standard (BS 5306-3), a yearly service is required on fire extinguishers.
Fire Extinguisher Servicing
Our fire extinguisher technicians work with customers to ensure they are meeting the required standards when it comes to their fire safety equipment.
- Before visiting a customer site, a Churches Fire technician will arrange a mutually convenient date and time
- Upon arrival at the site, the technician will ask to view the Fire Risk Assessment. This document will indicate any previous fire safety actions, recommendations from previous visits and if any immediate action is required in order to comply with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- When the technician is satisfied that they are aware of any potential health and safety requirements whilst on site, they can begin their servicing using a location list from the site, detailing the type and location of all present portable fire extinguishers
- During the service, our technicians will also review and advise in relation to other fire safety services, in order to assist the customer in compliance with the law. This can include fire alarm systems, emergency lighting and dry risers as well as other services
- When all fire extinguishers on site have been inspected, updated or removed as required, the technician will discuss any findings, concerns and recommendations with the customer
- Following the completion, a Certificate of Inspection will be emailed to the customer automatically
- If any follow-up works are required, the customer will receive this as a quote from one of our office-based colleagues.
Qualified Expert Technicians
Churches Fire technicians are experts in their field. With continual in-house training, we are confident in the servicing provided which is supported by our yearly audits, carried out both internally and externally.
We are registered to the BAFE SP101 scheme. This demonstrates that our technicians work to the highest safety standards in the commissioning and servicing of fire extinguishers.
Fire Extinguisher Monthly Checks
The in-depth checks provided by competent technicians are required by law. However, you should be visually examining the fire extinguishers on your site every month.
In this video we take you through what you should be looking for.
*Please note that more thorough checks involving the gauge are required.
Need Some Help?
If you would like to find out more about fire extinguishers and how Churches Fire can help you and your business, call our customer development team on 0370 608 4350 or complete the form for a call back:
Fire extinguishers are often the first tool used against a fire.
Choose Churches Fire to ensure your fire extinguishers are fully functioning for use in any fire situation.GET STARTED