The app provides a simple way of documenting visual fire door inspections carried out by our qualified technicians. Key features include:
- Evidence of fire stop compliance following inspection
- An inventory of maintenance works to building owners
- Easily produces reports, spreadsheets and location drawings
- Information automatically uploaded to a cloud database
- Real-time maintenance of works taking place
- Designed by fire stopping professionals
BOLSTER SYSTEMS STEPS
The app works in-line with the Churches Fire & Security way of visual fire door inspection:
- Inspect: The technician will arrange for a visual fire door inspection on a mutually agreed date and time. They will carry out a visual inspection of the fire doors, including the assessment of hinges, the door leaf, handles and intumescent strips.
- Locate: A building layout drawing is uploaded to the Bolster Systems app, where locations can be highlighted to show fire door positioning, details of any non-compliance, identified work areas etc. Photographs of the inspection can be uploaded instantly, providing a real-time view of the progress.
- Document: All information concerning the inspection is documented in a cloud database. Once the inspection is complete, a report will be generated for the customer.
- Manage: Bolster Systems is a robust system, providing customers with a simple way of managing their visual fire door inspections. It also gives clear information to the technician regarding ongoing maintenance.
THE IMPORTANCE OF FIRE DOOR INSPECTIONS
As a national company providing fire safety services to multiple industries, Churches Fire & Security are constantly working to enforce fire door maintenance and inspection.
In accordance with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, fire door maintenance and inspection is an essential part of fire safety management for every business to which the Order applies.
Fire doors can be used to compartmentalise escape routes from hazards, allowing for additional time to escape in an emergency.
To ensure fire doors perform as expected in the event of a fire, regular inspections must be carried out by certified fire safety technicians. Six-monthly inspections are recommended in BS 9999, alongside monthly visual checks.
Churches Fire & Security six-monthly visual fire door inspections involve extensive checks of each individual fire door component. Parts assessed include:
- Door leaf
- Door frame
- Locks and handles
- Intumescent strips
- Inspecting the door’s structural integrity
- The gaps between the door and frame
- Fire safety signage in the area is also checked to ensure they clearly indicate exits in an emergency situation
Regular inspections and checks should be recorded and dated by the responsible person with any repairs or replacements required being dealt with as a matter of priority.
To discuss fire doors or other fire safety services, please contact Churches Fire & Security.Get in touch