Fire extinguishers and fire doors are essential elements of fire safety protection.
Extinguishers are arguably the most recognisable piece of fire safety equipment, located easily within reach to manage small fire emergencies if necessary. If damage occurs on a fire extinguisher it’s likely to be more noticeable than to a fire door. Whilst we use fire doors all the time in shops, restaurants, hospitals and office buildings, it’s often easy to miss any signs of damage.
At Churches Fire, we provide extensive training to our technicians, meaning that many are qualified to service both extinguishers and fire doors on a combined service visit.
During the yearly service of your business fire extinguishers, the Churches Fire technician will carry out the following:
- Inspect all fire extinguishers on site for signs of damage or corrosion
- Check the pressure gauge is working accurately
- Ensure the safety clip and indicating devices haven’t been operated
- Remove and replace any damaged fire extinguishers
The same Churches Fire technician can also perform a visual inspection of the fire doors on-site. This visual inspection will include, but not be limited to:
- Inspection of the fire doors and their frames to assess condition and operation
- Ensuring the hinges are fixed firmly
- Intumescent/cold smoke seals are not damaged
- The gaps between the leaf and frame are 3mm (+/- 1mm)
- Checking the door selectors operate correctly
By combining the service visits from Churches Fire, you can reduce the need for more than one site visit.
Whilst on-site servicing your fire extinguishers or carrying out a fire door inspection, they may also be able to review and offer advice in relation to other fire safety services, such as safety signage and fire training.
As with all services carried out, we will then discuss changes with the customer, with recommendations and notes provided.
Contact Churches Fire today to discuss your fire extinguisher and fire door requirements.Get in touch
November 21, 2019
November 15, 2019
November 13, 2019