Somerset care home fire

Feb

7

2012

A Somerset care home was hit by fire yesterday afternoon (6thFebruary) which was believed to have started by an electrical fault in a lamp.

The fire started in a bedroom and two fire engines were called to Sunnymeade Care Home around 3.15pm.

The fire crews quickly brought the blaze under control and caused only a small amount of damage to the property.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "Smoke detectors were fitted and activated which alerted the Careline service who in turn contacted us."

No one was injured in the fire.